Winnequah Middle School
Mission Statement: “Our mission, as a school in partnership with the community, is to provide a respectful and nurturing environment, which is fostered by a commitment to high expectations for both students and staff where individual differences are recognized and provided for through a balanced curriculum and quality instruction.”
- We are committed to successful learning, child by child.
- We will foster real world connections through a problem solving approach to learning.
- We will provide experiences, which will enable children to take ownership for their learning and put forth their best efforts.
- We will build on student strengths and support their efforts in setting and achieving challenging goals.
- We will celebrate the efforts and achievements of students and staff by providing emotional and professional support in a safe learning environment.
- We must collaborate with one another.
- We must involve parents and community members in our initiatives.
- We must dedicate ourselves to continuous improvement.
- We must promote a positive school climate.
The school is located next to Winnequah Park, which is accentuated by beautiful lagoons and rolling grounds bordered with trees. The community swimming pool, public library, community building, and city office building are all located within a three minute walk of the school.
Winnequah serves students in grades 6th to 8th in the communities of Cottage Grove and Monona. There are approximately 700 students for this school, which includes grades 6th through 8th. Students are in class from 8:02 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. daily.
Area of Interest
Over 25 learning expeditions will take place at Winnequah during the 2006-07 school year. Winnequah’s innovative practices in this area have drawn educators from as far away as Puerto Rico and Alaska.- See more at: http://thealvaradogroup.com/area-information/madison-schools/winnequah-middle-school/#sthash.2JsAiChv.dpuf