I was raised in Madison in a family of Real Estate experts and am proud to carry on some of the tradition as co-owner of my own family real estate business with my husband, Carlos. After graduating from the University of Minnesota, my thirst for adventure found me teaching English in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where I met Carlos. The adventure turned into three life-changing years. Finally, we returned to my hometown, Madison, along with our 18 month old son, Alex.
I am incredibly driven and customer service focused, a winning combination that helped me make it into the highly ranked group of top producers at a local company during my first year. But after five years working for large firms, Carlos and I were ready to create a company that reflected our personal values of exceptional service, integrity, fun, and family.
For me, the success of our boutique real estate brokerage is measured not by number of transactions closed each year, but by the relationships we build, the families we help and the impactful ways we’re able to inspire and engage with our team and our community. I aim to lead our company with innovation, love and a contagious passion for fun.
It continues to be a great joy to interact with our agents as family, to get to know their families in the way we get to know our clients’ families, and to engage in the community beyond business. We look forward to growing with the company as the company grows.
Beyond real estate, I am a writer, speaker and change agent who believes that the way to tackle difficult topics in both life and business is to show up real, raw, bold, vulnerable and ALWAYS ready for fun. (Did I mention fun already?) I am constantly finding new ways to be of service to my community, and am committed to sparking conversation and creating change around inequalities in the workplace and community.
Now that Carlos and I have many years supporting our family in partnership and raising our two boys in a family business, we see the impact it has had on them to follow their unique paths and to share their gifts with the world.
- Step Up: Equity Matters in the Workplace, Co-Creator and Design Team
- Edgewood College’s Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program, Sustainability Leadership Advisory Board Member for
- Speaking, Writing, Teaching at www.SaraAlvarado.com
- Nuestro Mundo Community School, Founder and past Board Member
- Badger Rock Middle School, Named Founder and past Board Member
- Realtors Association Green Committee, Named Founder and past Director Member
- TEMPO, Madison’s Women Leaders, Member
- Dane Buy Local, Past member of Diversity Committee (2013-2016)
- Dane Buy Local, Past Chair of Membership Committee (2010-2013), Current Member
- Realtors Association of South Central WI (RASCW), Past Board member (2009-2012)
- Sustain Dane, Past board member (2010-2014), Current Sustainable Business Network Member
- GreenBuilt Home Program, Past Member
- Latino Chamber of Commerce, Madison Chapter Member
- Latino Professionals Association of Dane County, Member
- MG&E Green Power, Member
Professional Education and Designations:
- Madison West High School graduate
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis graduate (Spanish and Business)
- Real Estate Salesperson and Broker license
- EcoBroker®, Green Designation
- Grassroots Leadership College graduate
- Top 5 in Real Estate Network®
- Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI)
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR)