LaFollette High School
702 Pflaum Road
Madison, WI 53716
Phone: (608) 204-3600
The mission of La Follette High School, in collaboration with the entire community, is to challenge and prepare each student to become a contributing member of a rapidly changing and complex society by:
- providing a relevant, diverse curriculum which meets the academic, social and emotional needs of each student;
- creating a safe, cooperative, enjoyable, stimulating learning environment;
- providing a variety of opportunities which enhance each student’s unique talents and interests;
- fostering the acquisition of self-knowledge for individual goal setting and career planning; and,
- inspiring a sense of responsibility to self and others.
Unique to La Follette High School is the four block schedule, which includes four 90 minute classes each day, and four terms each year. This schedule provides students with more class options and additional time for in-depth study. Implemented in 1997, the four block program has increased student participation in advanced placement courses and enhanced the number of students achieving honor roll.
La Follette High School is the only Madison public high school with a computer literacy graduation requirement. Many other technology-based courses are available in graphics, programming, applications and communications.
Located on Madison’s southeast side, La Follette provides a countryside setting for an urban high school of approximately 1760 students in grades 9 through 12. La Follette serves the needs of a diverse student population. Students come from five elementary schools: Allis, Elvehjem, Glendale, Kennedy and Schenk, and two middle schools: Sennett and Whitehorse.