The following is helpful information regarding what an EcoBroker is and the benefits. If you have any questions regarding this or want a tour of green homes within Madison WI, contact Alvarado or call (608)251-6600.
What is EcoBroker®?
EcoBroker® is an education and certification program for real estate professionals who care about the environment and want to promote energy-efficient and green features in homes and buildings. The EcoBroker® logo is the symbol of the environmentally responsible and sustainable practices in the real estate industry. Certified EcoBrokers meet the buyer and seller demand for real estate professionals with the real understanding of the issues that drive current market decisions.
Promote Healthier, Cost-Effective, and Green Practices in Real Estate
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT SELLERS?
- Hiring an EcoBroker® to help you sell your home ensures you are working with someone who can highlight energy efficiency and environmental features of your home and their value to the public and to your future buyers.
- Differentiates your Listing from all the others. We have unique marketing specifically available to homes that qualify. There are a growing number of green-minded consumers and we ensure maximum exposure to this targeted market.
- Communicate to Buyers the indoor air quality and health benefits of your property.
- Emphasize building orientation and landscaping features and energy cost savings of your home.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT BUYERS?
- Working with an EcoBroker® will help you understand more about the potential monthly savings or costs of a home. EcoBrokers have an understanding of energy efficiency and the costs or savings associated with insulation, windows, appliances, heating and cooling systems and other features of your home that affect your monthly budget.
- Learn more about indoor air quality and healthy environments: EcoBrokers can help you address environmental issues including: indoor air quality, ventilation, use of low VOC paints, quality radon testing, and reliable water testing.
- Consider building orientation and natural landscaping features.
- Find homes with green features easily. Our connection in the community creates access to homes that are available with green features that others may not have. We also utilize the EcoBroker website for promoting and searching along with other local list serves and member benefits.