Historical and Beautiful with LOCATION! Almost 2,000 square foot home plus huge potential to finish off approximately 750 square feet in third floor/attic makes this a perfect home just off Monroe Street near Vilas Zoo in highly desired school district. Hardwood floors throughout, four large bedrooms on the second level, all with large closets, updated kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances and detached two car garage. Sellers have maintained beautifully while providing tasteful updates, including stained wood floor porch, designer lighting, and fenced-in, beautifully landscaped private backyard.
- 4BD, 1.5 BA, 1944 SqFt + 750 SqFt unfinished third floor attic
- 2 car garage, detached
- For more information, photos, and current price: 1626 Jefferson Street
Property Features and Updates
- 2017: new dishwasher
- 2017: interior repainted
- 2017: back porch and balcony railings rebuilt & painted
- 2016: front porch replaced with new flooring & stained
- 2008: water heater
- 2007: new gas line and gas stove/oven
- 2007: most windows refurbished
- 2007: new water softener
- 2007: complete kitchen remodel w/ granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- 2007: new roof
- 2007: exterior repainted
- Newer two car detached garage
- Beautifully landscaped backyard with fence, fire pit, and fruit trees
- All knob & tube wiring removed, and electric updated throughout home
- Installed designer lighting and fixtures throughout first floor
Located directly south of Greenbush, Vilas Neighborhood is one of Madison’s most desirable spots. The neighborhood borders the campus end of Monroe Street as well as the Vilas Zoo, UW Arboretum, two of Madison’s hospitals, and many of the areas connecting bike paths. Vilas’s proximity to downtown and quiet streets make it a walkable neighborhood with great character. The Vilas Neighborhood Association is proud of its small town atmosphere thanks to many small businesses and varying architectural styles (Victorian, Queen Anne, Tudor, and more).
School District Information
This home is listed and marketed by Julie Colmar of The Alvarado Real Estate Group. To discuss buying or selling your home, please contact Julie Colmar today at 608-852-7336, or firstname.lastname@example.org.