Beautiful 1912 bungalow boasts a dreamy combination of original character and modern, high-end updates... and that screened porch! Enjoy the fully updated chef's kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas range, stone tile with radiant-in floor heat, & bonus breakfast nook surrounded by gorgeous original woodwork and maple flooring. Modern must-haves include rare first-floor full bathroom and walk-in closets provide plenty of storage. In addition to the beautiful lot and back patio, the walk-able location in desirable Dudgeon-Monroe make this bungalow an absolute dream home. See 3D tour.
- 3 BR, 2 BA, 1,449 SqFt
- 1 car garage, detached
- Beautiful 1912 bungalow
- Current price, more info/photos: 623 Crandall Street
Property Features and Updates
- Original maple flooring throughout first floor.
- Original pine flooring in master bedroom and hallway.
- Carpeted second and third bedroom. Great condition. (Note: One of the bedrooms, or possibly both, has hardwood floors underneath the carpet.)
- Washer/dryer: Kenmore Elite, front loading High Efficiency washer and steam dryer, 2012. Lower level. New condition.
- Window coverings: A variety of shades and drapery throughout. Either new or in great condition.
- Four ceiling fans- dining, kitchen, master, guest bedroom
- Some original hardware, lighting, doors, craftsman wood staircase.
- Kitchen features: hickory cabinets, granite counters, Rohl porcelain sink, stainless steel appliances
- Cambria Quartz countertops. Great condition.
- Maytag built-in stainless steel microwave oven. Great condition.
- Heated stone floors. Great condition.
- Under cabinet lighting. Great condition.
- GE dishwasher. Good condition.
- Refrigerator: Kenmore, stainless steel, 21’ bottom freezer. Great condition.
- Stove/Oven: Maytag 30” gas range and oven, stainless steel. Great condition.
- Sink/Faucet: Stainless steel, double sink with Insinkerator dish disposal. Delta adjustable spray arm faucet. Great condition.
- Bathroom (first floor) features: full shower, pedestal sink
- Bathroom (second floor) features: newly tiled (2016), kohler sink, kohler greek drop-in soaker bathtub with shower. Great condition.
- Furnace: forced air 2010, with regular tune-ups since then
- Hot water heater: GE Energy Star, 2008.
- Water softener: Capital Water Softener, 1997.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: 2012
- Roof: Asphalt, 2007 – 30 year roof and gutters. Great condition.
- Siding: All exterior wood and trim, freshly painted. Vinyl siding. Great condition.
- Fenced in yard. Good condition.
- Awesome screened-in front porch (new screens installed 2015). Great condition.
- Front steps feature high end, zero maintenance composite decking and cedar edging (2014). New condition.
- Back porch perfect for grilling or sitting, also featuring high-end, zero maintenance composite decking; ample storage beneath (2013). New condition.
- Detached single car garage with great storage and workshop; built-in workbench. Great condition.
- Windows: Primarily original windows, with storm windows. Fair condition.
Dudgeon-Monroe Area Neighborhood Features
This neighborhood includes a piece of shoreline on Lake Wingra, a smaller lake within Madison’s city limits. Dudgeon-Monroe boasts of its high number of attractions for people with many different interests. For those who love the outdoors, there’s hiking, biking, sailing, and bird watching, as well as sledding and golfing. For those who enjoy more urban excitement, there’s a pedestrian-scaled corridor on Monroe Street that includes a myriad of unique, trendy shops. Although Camp Randall is close to a couple neighborhoods, it is within the limits of Dudgeon-Monroe. Therefore, the neighborhood is buzzing on Badger football Saturdays.
- Walking distance to Trader Joe’s, Regent Street Co-op, local restaurants, coffee shops, Michael’s Frozen Custard
- Less than a mile from Camp Randall stadium & UW campus
- Only blocks from the Capital City Bike Trail, Edgewood College & the
- University of Wisconsin Arboretum
School District Information
This home is listed and marketed by Kate Weis, Broker Associate - Alvarado Real Estate Group. For a showing of this home, to discuss buying another home or to talk about selling your home, please contact Kate at 608-213-4203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.