JUST LISTED! 4912 Carya Rd. in Black Earth, WI
Peaceful retreat best describes this property. Home sits on nearly 5 acres of woods. It offers the perfect balance of country and city living with its private location, yet only minutes to Cross Plains, Black Earth and Madison. Recent updates, remodeling and maintenance make this home move-in ready. In addition to the 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom house there is a 2,240 sq. ft. shop. Great open floor plan includes a bright sunny kitchen, private loft, enormous great room, fantastic family room and cozy bedrooms!
- 4 Bedroom, 3.5 Baths,
- 3150 Sq. Ft.
- 5 Acre Wooded Lot
- For current price and more photos click here to view the MLS data info
4912 Carya Rd. Top Features
- Location- Located at the end of a private drive, quiet and peaceful- a woodland retreat. Abundance wildlife- deer, foxes, wild turkeys, owls and large variety of birds. Close to Festge Park/Salmo Pond and 120 ac of walking trails. Best biking roads in Wisconsin are literally out the front door.
- Landscaping- Front landscaping re-designed and installed by top landscape designer in Madison in 2012, with lighting. Beautiful gardens in front and back; kitchen garden for vegetables. Natural rock landscaping with accent lights at entry to drive.
- Shop- 40x56 ft (2,240 sq ft) shop. Full foundation, insulated floor, completely insulated walls, s 12 ft ceiling, tube heater, High-flow exhaust fan, exterior lighting, plumbed for compressed air, 50-amp receptacles, 10,000 lb asymmetrical car lift.
- Land- 5 acres of woods with significant clearing and management of invasive species already completed. Approximately one acre of land prepared for installation of woodland meadow.
4912 Carya Rd. Improvements to House
- Interior completely repainted through interior decorator
- All light fixtures and ceiling fans replaced with high-end fixtures (Madison Lighting)
- All switch/receptacle faceplates replaced
- Switches and receptacles replaced
- Oak floor installed in loft
- All wood floors refinished
- Basement gutted and completely refinished
- Septic system maintained on a regular basis (2014 was last service)
- UV film installed on windows in great room and kitchen (keeps house cool and reduces furniture damage)
- New outdoor speakers on deck
- In-wall surround speakers in basement family room
- Lighted stained glass installed above fireplace
- Annual Chimney Cleaning
4912 Carya Rd. Area Information
- Cross Plains is located in southern Wisconsin, about 7 miles west of Middleton, and approximately 12 miles west of Madison. It is a 10-minute ride from Cross Plains to the Beltline (U.S. Highways 12/14). The Village of Cross Plains is home to approximately 3,500 people, nestled in the northwestern section of Dane County. Cross Plains is the Gateway to Wisconsin's Driftless Area and some of the most scenic and choice recreation areas. We are a great destination for hiking, biking & fishing. Cross Plains businesses know most of their customers by name in our Village, which is "Famous for Friendliness."
- The Only Black Earth in the World! That's the official motto for the Village of Black Earth, named in the 1850s for its rich, loamy soil. Black Earth is surrounded by unglaciated bluffs that are plush and green throughout the summer, alight with color in the fall, and stunning when capped with snow. The village is home to a variety of businesses, a restored train depot that now acts as a museum, a vibrant local newspaper and the Black Earth Creek, a class one trout stream. Starting in June, the popular Concerts in the Park series get underway in Black Earth's Veteran's Memorial Park, located right in the middle of town. The Black Earth Chamber of Commerce and TDS Telecom, the local telephone company, join forces to hire local professional bands who give Tuesday night concerts for six weeks, through the month of July. The music ranges from bluegrass and celtic to country and rock, and there's always plenty of food. In early August, Black Earth relives the tradition of the farming community's pre-harvest celebration with Field Days on Friday night, which includes family-oriented activities all weekend and live music in the beer tent Saturday night. The fun continues through Sunday with the annual Field Days parade and more live music. Kickball and washer tournaments help participants and fans alike work up a thirst, and there's plenty of booth games and rides for the kids.
4912 Carya Rd. Middleton Cross Plains School District Information
This home is marketed by Brett Larson, Real Estate Consultant - The Alvarado Real Estate Group. For a showing of this home or to discuss selling your home, please contact Brett at 608.575.4123.