Phenomenal location on a hill overlooking the highly desired Regent Neighborhood! This home has beautiful original character including quarter-sawn oak floors and custom arched doors. Recent remodeling has kept true to the style of the home while adding modern conveniences. The kitchen and half bath were completely remodeled in 2008. A huge master bedroom and two other good-sized bedrooms are all on the 2nd floor. Outside is a two car detached garage, wrap around screen porch, and a fenced backyard. Walk to Regent Co-op, Humble Pie/ bakery, Froth House Coffee, Regent & Monroe Street shops, and Badger games. Bus stop and bike path nearby! Close to UW campus, Hospitals, Edgewood, West High, Randall Elementary, and Blessed Sacrament.
- 3 Bed, 1.5 Bath, 1389 sq. ft.
- Hardwood Floors Throughout
- Remodeled Kitchen and Half Bath
- Great Location! Schools!
For current price and more photos click here to view the MLS data info.
1 Vista Rd. - Features & Updates
- Sunny remodeled kitchen--2008 (gutted to the walls) with granite counter-tops and new stainless appliances, Jenn-air double oven, insty-hot water faucet(Disposal new 2012)
- Remodeled half bath--2008 (completely gutted)
- Full bath- original arched tile work, new toilet 2012, new sink & fixtures 2011
- Full roof replacement--2003, replaced flashing--2008
- Exterior siding full scrape and paint--2014
- Rockweiler Insulation- upgraded attic floor and wings--2008
- Original wood floors (quarter-sawn oak on 1st floor, pine on 2nd) and unique arched doors and built-ins
- Replacement windows throughout most of the home
- 1st floor wood Eagle Brand--2009
- 2nd floor vinyl--2009
- A few original custom windows remain
- 2 car garage- one side has power opener
- Ample closet and storage space + attic and dry basement
- Basement painted--2013]
- Washer: 2010 Whirlpool, Dryer: Kenmore 2014
- Water heater: Bradford White--2013
- Water softener: Hellenbrand--2005
- Furnace: Lennox + whole house humidifier--2002.
- Central Air: Maytag approximately top 8 ft. of Chimney and rebuilt firebox--2008
- Completely rebuilt balcony roof & railing over back door--2014
- Huge L-shaped screened porch
- New upper retaining wall--2013
- Cedar fence--2009 (completely fenced yard)
- Low maintenance perennials and front landscaping
- Great neighborhood and active association
- Nearby parks & library. Groceries, liquor store, bakery, and coffee shop just around the corner. Near bike path and main bus routes
- Near UW Campus, UW Hospital, St. Mary's, Meriter and downtown
- Great schools: Randall Elementary, Blessed Sacrament, Edgewood, and West High all walking distance
1 Vista Rd. - Regent Neighborhood
The neighborhood is bordered on the north and east by the University of Wisconsin campus, and within a mile of Lake Mendota. The eastern end of the neighborhood is anchored by the University of Wisconsin's Camp Randall football stadium and fieldhouse. On football Saturdays in the fall, the neighborhood is awash in Badger red and white. The central part of the neighborhood is quite a lively place. The Regent-Allen Neighborhood Commercial District has a cluster of neighborhood-oriented shops (coffee shop, food co-op, hair salon) and artistic retail galleries and shops. The western end of the neighborhood at Farley and University Avenue is anchored by Lakeside Commons shopping area and the commercial node at the intersection of Highland and University Avenue - both areas have a fine selection of eating establishments and local businesses. Stevens Park is located on the western end of the neighborhood. Many neighbors walk (or bike) and shop to support their local businesses. Hillington Green Park is one of those other neighborhood gathering places: kids playing in the summer to ice skating in the winter that makes living in this neighborhood special. Regent Neighborhood is home to two highly desired public schools in Madison: Randall Elementary and West High Schools. Both schools provide the neighborhood with a fun level of liveliness: kids walking to and from school, homecoming parades, and musicals and theater productions at our doorstep. We are a walkable and bikeable neighborhood with easy access to UW campus and hospital. The Southwest Bike path goes through the neighborhood as well of the new campus bike path, the latter is lighted with new solar-powered light fixtures.
Information courtesy of: http://www.cityofmadison.com/neighborhoods/profile/71.html
This home is marketed by April Johnson, Real Estate Consultant - The Alvarado Real Estate Group. For a showing of this home or to discuss selling your home, please contact April at 608.358.7481 or April@TheAlvaradoGroup.com