365 W Prospect Street, also known as "The Chalet", built in 1940, was designed by renowned architect Louis W. Claude. This truly unique property is a rare find with almost 1.5 acres in the city. It is an urban homesteader's paradise! The grounds boast a potting shed, greenhouse, chicken coop, vegetable beds, assorted fruit plantings, lilacs, perennials, and rain barrels. The current stewards have recently improved and restored The Chalet with details true to the period character of the home. Additionally, the lower level makes a perfect artist studio or workshop with attached garage, laundry/ mudroom, walkout to the yard and a powder room.
- 3 BR, 1.25 BA, 1623 sq. ft.
- 1.423 Acres in the City!
- Perennial, Vegetable & Fruit Gardens. Greenhouse, Potting Shed, & more!
- Current price and more photos of 365 W Prospect Street
365 W Prospect Street - Features & Updates
- $15,000 full bath remodel - white subway tiles, tile crown molding, heated tile floor
- 2012-New Trane High Efficiency Dual Stage Furnace with Aprilaire whole house humidifier
- Custom window coverings
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Back deck
- Campfire ring
- Certified survey and plat map (completed in 2012, value: $2000)
- Outbuildings include: Greenhouse , Potting and storage shed, Chicken coop &Large additional all-season fabric shelter in back of lot (current ownersnkept a boat in it)
- A few blocks to Rock Lake and nearby parks
- Plantings include a recent investment of $5000.
- 50+ original lilacs
- Specimen trees: Chinese Redwood, Ginkos, Walnuts, and Pines
- Extensive perennials
- 2 apple trees
- 2 pear trees
- Raspberries and black raspberries
- Multiple elderberry bushes
- Raised vegetable beds with rich organic matter and rain barrels
Community of Lake Mills
- Designated a "Main Street Community" with a revitalized downtown district
- Nationally recognized Green Middle School
- Crystal Clear Legendary Rock Lake
- Glacial Drumlin Bike Trail
- Halfway between Milwaukee and Madison
This home is marketed by April Johnson, Real Estate Consultant - The Alvarado Real Estate Group. For a showing of this home or to discuss selling your home, please contact April at 608.358.7481 or April@TheAlvaradoGroup.com.