Another great event is coming soon to the great Near Eastside neighborhood! What do we love most about the Marquette Waterfront Festival? The music, the friends, the dancing, spending time outside, the beer? It is must be the combination! Here is the great description of this year's event from the Marquette Neighborhood Association website:
Yet again the Marquette Neighborhood Association is conjuring up two days of unsurpassed excitement for the Marquette Waterfront Festival. The community will celebrate atop the whip thin spit of land known as Yahara Place Park on June 11th and 12th . This is the 22nd edition of the event and there will be a totally sensational group of performers around representing our neighborhood and diverse regions of the nation and the World. The music will be joyous and raucous and sweat-inducing danceable. We ask that you please come both days to enjoy the show and the seductive breeze at Lake Monona's shore.
Saturday, June 11th, 2011 Waterfront Schedule
- 12:00 - The TakI All-Stars
- 1:30 - Grupo Candela
- 3:00 - Fareed Haque & The Flat Earth Ensemble
- 4:45 - Aurelio Martinez Garifuna Soul (Honduras)
- 6:30 - Yoro Ndiaye & Yoonwi (Senegal)
Sunday, June 12th, 2011 Waterfront Schedule
- 11:45 - Harris Lemberg Trio with Special Friends
- 1:15- Sleeping in the Aviary
- 2:45 - Robbie Fulks
- 4:30 - The Campbell Brothers
- 6:15 - The Bottle Rockets
We hope to see you there!