There is so much to do on New Year's Eve and I could list a number of hot spots in Madison to celebrate a brand new year but I'm a mom with two young boys and without a doubt our favorite event is U.S. Bank's New Year's Party. (If you really are just looking for that list of hot spots...this link will take you there).
Thank you for letting me take this moment to say THANK YOU all for a great year in 2010. Everyone on our team at Alvarado Real Estate Group has been blessed with amazing clients. And we are blessed to work with each other, to learn together, help others and do our part in creating strong communities, healthier homes and inspiring change for a better planet. So let's celebrate Madison style!
U.S. Bank Eve's fireworks finale will take place over Lake Monona at 10:05. Best viewing is from the Lake Monona bike path between Monona Terrace and the Lake Shore.
Madison's Best Family Friendly New Year's Highlights - for more info on tickets click here.
U.S. Bank Plaza - Downtown Madison
1 South Pinckney 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Concessions provided by Sunprint
- Main Street Wisdom 6:00 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Kiddie countdown with hats, horns and confetti 7:30 p.m.
- Complimentary 20th U.S. Bank Eve birthday brownie and cup of hot chocolate in the Sunprint Café at our Madtown Party. 6:00 until supplies last!
- Get a temporary airbrush tattoo or balloon hat creation, then step into our photobooth to record your New Year's look 6:00 - 9:30 p.m.
- Design your New Year's savings goal visor and START to save with a new piggy bank 6:00 until supplies last!
- See the Spec-can-ular, eco-friendly holiday tree
- Take a tour back in time on the Holiday Trolley, which leaves every 15 minutes beginning at 6:30 p.m. at our Webster Street entrance. Last one boards at 9:30 p.m.
6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. 1 John Nolen Drive Concessions Available
- Truly Remarkable Loon 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Hall of Ideas
- Learn how to Tango, Conga, Salsa and Merengue from 6:05 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Rick Wilcox's Magic Show at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- UW Space Place Photo Show
- Fly a US Bank Plane
- View wonders of the night sky on the Olin Terrace through telescopes operated by UW Space Place volunteers.
- Gomeroke: Kid's karaoke with the Gomers Band from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Big Inflatables
- Obstacle Course
- Little Bounces
- Take a ride on the Circus Train
- Enjoy fun and games in Madison Parks hands-on village
- Take part in our 9:30 p.m. Balloon Drop Countdown!
Madison Children's Museum
6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Madison Children's Museum website) 100 North Hamilton
Join a sing-a-long led by Ken Lonnquist at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Celebrations Room.
- Make a masterpiece on MCM's new paint wall.
- Play in the shadow room.
- Be part of creative crafting in MCM's permanent, collaborative collage.
- Get your face painted, walk through the rooftop garden or enjoy refreshments at Bean Sprouts Café.
- Countdown to our early New Year's in the main hall at 8:30 p.m.
Olbrich Botanical Gardens
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Olbrich website) 3330 Atwood Avenue
- Holiday Train
- Flower Show
- Bolz Conservatory
- Temporary Tattoos
- Henry Vilas Zoo Animals in the Conservatory
- Wii and Xbox Game Station
- Strolling magician Tom Krzystof
- Games and prizes
- Color your Savings Goal and decorate your new piggy bank, while supplies last!
Prairie Athletic Club and Sun Prairie Ice Arena - New Site!
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Prairie Athletic Club website) 1010 N. Bird St/655 Athletic Way
Ice Skating - Bring your own skates, rent for just $2, or rent for free with a donation of two non-perishable food items for the food pantry.
- Gym Games
- Temporary Tattoos
- Bouncy Castle
- Design your New Year's Savings Goal
- Snakes Alive! in Studio 2 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Concessions and raffle to benefit Sun Prairie Youth Ice Hockey Association's Capital Campaign to build a new ice rink
Keva Sports Center
8312 Forsythia Street, Middleton (Keva website) 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Open play sports including soccer, football, yard games, tumbling, parachute, basketball and more!
- Hats and Horns
- Temporary Tattoos
- Inflatables for tots and pre-teens from Fun Play
- Design a cookie or your New Year's savings goal (while supplies last)
- Coat Check and Cubbies Available
So where will you be? Wherever you end up on New Year's Eve - and even if you stay home and get the kids to bed early please know that we will be wishing you all a Happy Happy New Year! We hope that 2011 will be full of happiness, peace, friendships, laughter and lot's of LOVE! Best wishes from your friends at the Alvarado Real Estate Group!