Join us for the 12th Annual REAP Food for Thought Festival September 24-25 2010 - [Full Schedule]
Featuring Keynote Speaker Ann Cooper*, the "Renegade Lunch Lady"
Friday Night Forum 7-9 pm, Sept. 24 Room 3650 Humanities Building, UW Campus 455 N. Park St., Madison [MAP] Food for Thought Festival Event Information 8 am - 1:30 pm, Saturday, Sept. 25 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. - Off the Capitol Square, Madison, WI Sara Alvarado will be at the Resilient Research Center table with information about Badger Rock Middle School in the morning.
[from their wonderful website] Research, Education, Action and Policy on Food Group (REAP) is building a regional food system that is healthful, just, and both environmentally and economically sustainable. REAP is a non-profit organization located in Madison, WI.
REAP connects producers, consumers, policy makers, educators, businesses and organizations to nourish the links between land and table.
REAP is committed to projects that shorten the distance from farm to table, support small family farmers, encourage sustainable agricultural practices, preserve the diversity and safety of our food supply and address the food security of everyone in our community.
A "healthful, just and both environmentally and economically sustainable" food system is one that provides:
- Nutritious, safe, and affordable food to all segments of society,
- Fair compensation and safe, healthful working conditions for family farmers and food producers,
- Support for agricultural and processing practices that protect our soil, water, and genetic diversity,
- Access to a variety of regional foods that come to our table with minimal energy-consuming transportation or packaging,
- Public policies that promote a secure and sustainable regional "foodshed."
The Alvarado Real Estate Group is a local real estate company made up of a team of EcoBrokers. We are connected to many homeowners and families that are committed to learning more about sustainability, living in an eco friendly and healthy way and leaving as small of a carbon footprint as possible. That is why it is a part of our business and personal lives to support these organizations and community events. We appreciate you for your partipation and support as well. Thank you.