In Madison, we love to picnic at the park, wake up early and stroll with our coffee in the park and meet friends to watch the sunset over the lake. Yes, there are a lot of small neighborhood parks that make living in our great neighborhoods so fabulous, but there are also some signature Madison Parks and here is our list of favorite TOP 10!
1. Wingra Park is a gathering place for soccer games, boat rentals, picnics and has a fun playground for the kids. The views are beautiful!
2. Olin Park on John Nolen Drive. Beautiful area overlooking Lake Monona, the Capitol and has a playground and shelter you can rent out.
3. James Madison Park on E. Gorham overlooks Lake Mendota and features a boat rental (also check out West side's Wingra Park for boat rentals), basketball courts, a playground and lot's of summer time fun.
4. Hoyt Park has great hiking trails, playground, basketball courts and shelters for rent.
5. Olbrich Gardens. There is so much to say about our amazing Olbrich Gardens. It is not only a great tourist attraction but a regular place for us locals! And voted one of the the top ten most inspiring gardens in North America by Horticulture Magazine!
7. Orton Park has its own block in the heart of the Willy Street neighborhood and features a great playground, benches strategically placed amongst gorgeous huge trees and is just one block from the Lake. Orton Park is also well known for the Orton Park Festival, held each year in August.
8. Picnic Point is tucked away in the middle of University life and busy activities and offers students, professors, athletes, families and friends a 1 mile escape along the beautiful peninsula.
9. Vilas Park is a favorite family Madison destination on 42 acres! You can always find large family gatherings grilling out, playing at the famous Shoe playground, visiting one the few FREE Zoo's in the nation (Henry Vilas Zoo) or spending the day at the beach, frisbee games, canoeing, fishing and the list goes on and on! Don't miss ZuZu Cafe across the street for a great local cafe.
10. I'm forgetting one...What's your favorite neighborhood park? Or are you in the process of figuring that out and looking for homes in a specific area? Fantastico! We can help!
No, seriously...tell us your favorite park and why.