Bike Madison Spring Fair 2011
It’s the Spring Bike Fair in Madison WI!
Sunday May 1st, 2011, 11am – 3pm Wright Middle School, 1717 Fish Hatchery Road
Celebrate the return of spring and the promise of many fun-filled days of biking by participating in the first annual Bike Madison Spring Fair. The Bike Madison Spring Fair is an opportunity to get ready for spring by learning or refreshing your skills with workshops such as Bike Maintenance 101, Bike Commuter 101 and many more.
The Bike Madison Spring Fair will feature MSCR kids activities, a chance to try out Metro Transit’s Rack-n-Roll program, Madison Police Department Bike Tours. The Bike Spring Madison Fair is a FREE family event.
Bike Madison Spring Fair Activities Include:
- Madison School Community Recreation Family Fun Activities – All Day!
- Madison Police Department South District Bike Tours at 1p.m. and 2 p.m.: Each ride will be approximately 45 minutes long. You will be required to wear a helmet to participate in the ride.
- Planet Trek Dane County information and Bike Tour at 1:00p.m.: Information and maps will be available for Planet Trek Dane County, a scale model of the solar system along the bike path from Monona Terrace to Mt. Horeb. We will also have a group ride leaving at 1:00 to make a loop from the Sun (Monona Terrace) to Jupiter and back to Wright Middle School.
- Metro Transit Rack-n-Roll Program: Learn how to use the bike racks before you travel. Ask questions and practice on a Metro bike rack.
- Bicycle Registration: A Four-Year Bicycle Registration costs only $10.00 and is a good way to help protect your important means of transportation, recreation and exercise!
- Madison Police Hula Hoop Making: Who doesn’t like a hula hoop? Madison Police Officers will be on hand to help you make your very own hula hoop.
- City bike initiatives: The City’s Bike Madison staff will share the exciting bike planning initiatives occurring in Madison. Pick up a 2011 Bike Map.
- Local bike advocacy groups: 20by2020, Wheels for Winners, Freewheel, and the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin will be on hand to talk about their programs and events.
- Transporting children by bike demo by Williamson Bicycle Works: Children of pre-cycling age will still love traveling by bicycle – there are different solutions for different ages.Brought to you by: City of Madison Bike Madison Program, MSCR, Madison Police Department, Metro Transit, UW Space Place, 20by2020, Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, Williamson Bicycle Works